Labels

Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Suncatcher pears - encaustics for kids

I saw this idea on V and Co and couldn't wait to try it. 

She has a beautiful step by step tutorial and a very funny explanation of winter that still makes me laugh when I think about it:)





Instead of making leaves we made pears, well I made pears. Semay got stuck at the ironing part - LOVED it, and started ironing every napkin she could find...which led to a word for word play about being Cinderella - woe is her with all her chores - how will she get to the ball on time...

I on the other hand enjoyed the whole process, grating the crayons, mixing the colours, adding some glitter. 

After seeing the wax melt and smelling that warm scent I knew I wanted to learn more about encaustics this winter, so I went researching and found these beautiful paintings by Bridgette Guerzon Mills. 

Painting with melting wax - the whole process intrigues me. Stop by her blog Contemplating the moon to see more of her work, it will be worth it.

Holding moments 

The privilege of morning


Have a cozy day everyone! 

No comments: