Labels

Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Clay pears

 




I only get an hour a day to be creative by myself, some days 15 minutes, so I like when I find a medium that gives fast results, is easy to set up, clean up, and can involve the kids in case they mosy over to the studio - as they usually do. But most importantly the creative endeavour needs to soothe my soul and recharge me to be a happy mommy when I return. Painting always does this, crocheting sometimes and now I found another medium - sculpting with clay.

The feeling of molding the clay, dipping fingertips in water, smoothing out rough spots, molding some more completely relaxed me. It was like being at the spa for a whole day.

It dried in 3 days, I glazed it with oil paints and finished my 3 little pears with a twig and copper leaves.

I'm curious, what do you do to recharge? I do enjoy each and every comment 

Thanks for stopping by

2 comments:

sentance or servanthood? said...

I absoluntely adore these pears Wilme! I mean it, I love them!! Love, love love them!

What do I do to recharge? I blog. I read. I create- cook, sew, scrapbook, make cards, garden.

Sometimes I just sit on the couch and watch TV too...

Amy {Polkadot Pear} said...

I love them Wilme!

I also reacharge through creating - sewing, knitting, decorating. Pretty much creating anything recharges me!