Labels

Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Bird "Grounded" - Illustration Friday



Although this little bird spends its time in the air, spotting one on a day when my thoughts are all over the place, gives me a sense of grounding. 

Isn't nature wonderful! With all the technology and to do's around us, it is so calming to go for a walk and simply look at the birds. 

My whole soul lights up, I feel God out there when I spot them. No matter how cold it gets, they are taken care of-  just like He promised

... and so He will take care of us. Slowly all the pressures of life disappear and my step turns from shaky to solid and grounded. There is no need to worry, He's got it under control  - Praise His name!

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" Matthew 6:26

1 comment:

Jenny said...

So pretty. Nature sure does bring me back to a place of peace. I came face to face with a beautiful barred owl right in the middle of the road as I was driving to work this week. Seeing its face and the graceful way it slowly flew away... such a gift!