Labels

Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

mint and butter yellow



My mom passed away a few years ago and this mother's day I can't help but miss her. 

She made a few heart breaking mistakes, but all I remember now was what she did right. She was a true lady with such a sense of style.


Well I believe she would have loved this season - tell me how is that we have been wearing nothing but blue jeans for so long.

All those candy colored hues are so refreshing don't you think. My favourite is the mint colored jeans. Mixing that with buttery yellow and we got a color combination keeping me up at night ;) I know- it's strange but I truly want to wear it, paint with it and even cook with it.


The other thing I miss about my mom is her cooking. Oh my could she cook! This "sago" recipe always waited for us on cold Sunday afternoons, South African's twist on tapioca. With sweet apricot jam, custard and meringue.


I hope you all have a wonderful mother's day, and mom... this piece of pudding is for you.
Miss you 



The painting is titled "miss you" 
              and is painted in watercolors and acrylic.
                It's part of painting party Friday and 
                will be available in my Etsy store soon 

10 comments:

Giggles said...

Okay this beautiful heartfelt post made me cry. You have married the colors, words and photos so perfectly.... a beautiful tribute, this is the most special post I have read today!!

She would be soooo proud!

Hugs Giggles

www.dorissdaughter.com said...

Beautiful post! and such a wonderful tribute to your mother. HPPF

Netty said...

wonderful tribute to your mother, thank you for sharing this special piece of work. Happy PPF, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

lovely post. Such wonderful thoughts about your mom. I love those colors together too, especially in your drawing.

poppylocke said...

Beautiful art, words, colours and memories - a lovely way to honour your mum, thank you for sharing

Michel said...

beautiful post Wilme, happy mother's day to you. I am also in love with mint & yellow and this new painting! :)

bellefrogworks said...

My mom died this past October and I am missing her a lot. I love your painting and that is an unusual but lovely color combination. I really like it.

Dianne said...

I adore your old-fashioned bathing beauties! that mint color is gorgeous...and so is that delicious looking dessert on the green vintage plate. lovely remembrance of your mama...

Annabelle said...

Hi Wilme,

So sorry for my tardiness, hope you had a great mother's day. Your post is precious and so beautiful, touched my heart deeply.I must make the effort to get together with my mom this coming weekend, missed seeing her last week; we kinda of miss communicated and I showed up at her door early and she had decided to go shopping , anyway, planning on seeing her this Sunday. You gave much for me to think about with your post.
Hope you take comfort in her memories while enjoying that scrumptious dessert she always made for you. I think I would like to make it sometime : ) Luv your twenties bathing beauties , very pretty in mint and yellow.

p.s. Luv the vintage plate, perfect for this very dessert ; )

Take care and thanks for sharing,
Annabelle O,O

Sandy said...

Wonderful - your colors are so pretty! I only wish this dish of pudding was for me!!
sandy