Labels

Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Whyte Ave art show






Sometimes we have to be braver than we think we possibly can.

Sometimes we have to take a leap of faith, and after we failed, get back up and try again

Sometimes we have to pretend we know what we are doing even if our insides feel like jello

Sometimes we need to let go of looking at ourselves and our insecurities, and start looking upwards for bigger reasons for why we do what we do

Sometimes we learn all these lessons in one scary, overwhelming, amazingly rewarding weekend called an art show...

... and trust me, if I could've hid under that table for the first day I would have, but I am so glad I didn't. It was a world away from painting quietly at my kitchen table in the country. I was smack in the middle of a vibrant city, meeting tons of people from all walks of life. The support from my family and friends still humble me, and the love my husband showed through all my moments - weak and down trodden, to the high fives when sales came around. The beautiful comments alongside the harsh critics, all wrapped up to give me thicker skin and more resolve to keep going.

Will I be back next year - don't know yet, but for this year I am so happy I did it.


No comments: