Labels

Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

A royal birthday party - Kate Middleton


I remember the moment so clearly. The exact moment my little girl saw Kate Middleton walk down the isle. Her eyes widened, she looked at me and asked in amazement "You mean there are REAL princesses?"







Since then she has been in love with Kate, pretending she is Kate, naming her dolls Kate etc. So when it came to planning her birthday, there was only one theme to choose from - KATE'S ROYAL WEDDING.

I had so much fun planning this party.
We started by making red buses to greet the guests. The idea was to hop in the bus and get a ride to  Buckingham Palace (a huge blanket Fort decorated with British flags and twinkly lights)
I dressed birthday girl in a wedding dress (found at the thrift store) and gave her the royal treatment with makeup and curled hair. Her auntie brought the final touch - a veil. 

The guests came dressed up as royalty (one little boy came in Prince William's suit) and then everyone made a crazy royal hat as an icebreaker. I printed some examples for inspiration and found some ideas over here



I found some great printables here and here
And what is a Kate party without eating Kate 
-I mean cake hehe;). I printed this picture and took it to a local grocery store to print on rice paper

We ended the party with a true wedding dance party with glow in the dark bracelets. We had so much fun with this theme - perfect for my little princess.

Happy birthday Semay!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

So glad to hear from you. Love your blog! This is such a sweet post. You will treasure your princess party memories. My little girl is 9 and still happy to play even though she's getting into the "tween" time. I miss the little days!