Labels

Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Love


Early in the morning she tugs at my legs saying

" Mommy, guess how much I love you? "

 "How much?" I reply

 " Mmmm, as much as a tiny ant"

 "Aww" I say with a pouty face.   

 "Alright, alright, alright" she says, "I love you as much as a tiny marshmellow."

Yet another pouty face. 

Then her face starts beaming and she says so proudly, "I LOVE you as much as GOD'S love"

Isn't that the sweetest thing ~

This started after she learned in Sunday school that God's love can't be measured, not with a measuring tape, not with a scale. That His love goes from eternity to eternity

At night she ends the day with a tiny prayer, and then she casually says to God - 
"Hey God, I love You as much as your OWN  love...Amen"

and I imagine God smiling down at her beaming with pride. He truly does love us~

I hope you experience some of that love today

1 comment:

sentance or servanthood? said...

sigh, I needed to hear that today. Thank you so much!