Labels

Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Dandelion


To Me : : It is a chore, an eyesore, something to get rid off in order to see the beauty in our yard - a weed

To Her :: It is a meadow fit for a princess skipping about, picking bundles of glorious yellow flowers, only to hide them behind her back and say -  "I got a surprise for you mommy" (She can do this over and over all day)

To Her :: It is fuzz balls to blow, chase and play with. The oohs and aaahs when a dandelion is in seed are endless.


To Her :: It is beautiful 


and so I too decided to put on her innocent 4 year old glasses, and see for myself. 


It truly is beautiful. Round middle, spiky interior, fuzzy top. Each little seed being planted with such a dramatic flight. 

I for one will consider myself very lucky to live in a meadow full with such beauty... and while everyone else is trying to get rid of them, I will pick them, blow on them and make a wish

No comments: