Labels

Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

cedar waxwing

source
Today was not a good day. 

I simply couldn't stay focused on the present, or see my blessings. I went on an emotional rollercoaster all day long feeling so lost.

Then suddenly I saw these. Hundreds of them sitting in our trees. I have never seen them before - how could I miss them!!! 

Aren't they beautiful! And for a minute I was lost in their colouring. I imagined God making them up in His studio. Sculpting the body, probably using watercolours for the fine feathers and then dipping the final product in a pot of thick yellow paint for the tail, and red for the wings. Finally he took a big black Sharpie and coloured in the eyes. At least that's what I would have done.

I can't wait to see them again tomorrow,and hopefully it is a better day. 



No comments: